With ShareGate Apricot you do not have to worry about losing important documents when you decide to clean up your inactive teams and groups.
You can archive all the files and folders of an unused group to an Azure storage when you or an owner take action through the app.
Note: The associated site collection and apps are only deleted once your team or group is successfully archived. For information on retention policies, see What is the relationship between Microsoft retention settings and archiving with ShareGate Apricot?
What is archived
- Files and folders in libraries.
- Files and folders that were shared in Teams private channels (if present).
- Documents sent by the group mailbox (if set to save in the SharePoint library).
- Documents shared on Planner or Yammer.
- List attachments.
- SharePoint's hierarchy (transformed into folders).
Your document version history---including creation and modification dates---is preserved during an archive. The app does not preserve who made the modifications.
What is not archived
- SharePoint-related metadata, including list items and document properties.
- SharePoint permissions.
- Content specific to other workloads (Teams, Outlook, etc.).
Note: ShareGate Apricot stores some file metadata, such as file names and ownership information, in an Azure search service index. This allows you to search through your archived content. The information collected is only accessible through the app.
Azure storage options
You can use the Azure storage solution provided by ShareGate Apricot or your own Azure storage to archive your teams and groups. For more information about your Azure storage options, see Azure storage options for archiving.
You can archive content manually from the Manage page, or use the Inactivity detection policy to collaborate with your team and group owners. For more information, see Walkthrough - Archiving.
Access your archive
You can fully restore a team or group within 30 days of its archival. For more information about how to access your archived content, see Access archived items.