With ShareGate Apricot you do not have to worry about losing important documents when you decide to clean up your inactive Microsoft 365 Groups.
You can archive all the files and folders of an unused group to an Azure storage when you decide to delete it through the app.
A group can be archived through the Inactive groups policy. With the policy in place, the app will send an email to the owner of an unused group to ask him if he wants to archive the inactive group or keep it.
You can also archive a group manually. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Groups in the top menu.
- Find your group.
- Click on your group.
- Click in the top right corner of the group's details.
Note: When you archive a Microsoft 365 Group, the associated site collection and apps are only deleted once your group is successfully archived.
You can use the Azure storage solution provided by ShareGate Apricot or your own Azure storage to archive your groups.
For more information about your Azure storage options, click here.
What is archived
- Files and folders in libraries.
- Files and folders that were shared in the Teams private channels (if present).
- SharePoint's hierarchy (transformed into folders).
What is not archived
- SharePoint-related metadata.
- SharePoint permissions.
- Content specific to other workloads (Teams, Outlook, etc.)
Access your archive
You can fully restore a group within 30 days of its archival. All files and folders can be retrieved at any time. For more information about your archived content click here.