Using your own storage allows you to have your data stored in the data center of your choice.
Please review our article that explains how using your own azure storage account works before setting up your own storage.
You can also find a comparison table between the included ShareGate Apricot Storage and custom Azure storage here.
Step 1: Create your Azure storage account
Note: We strongly recommend that you create an Azure storage account that is exclusively used by ShareGate Apricot.
Creating an Azure storage account for ShareGate Apricot ensures that other users within your organization do not delete or alter your archived content. If they do so, there is a possibility they render it unusable.
- We recommend that you review Microsoft's detailed documentation to create your Azure storage account.
Note: To be compatible with ShareGate Apricot, your storage account needs to be the General-purpose V2 type or General-Purpose V1. We also suggest that you set the access tier to Cool by default, to lower your costs.
- When the storage account is created, open your newly created account and select Access Keys in the Settings section to find the information required by the app in Step 2 below.
Step 2: Set up your Azure Storage Account in ShareGate Apricot
- Open ShareGate Apricot.
- Select Settings.
- Under Azure storage for archived data, select Your own Azure Storage.
- Click Setup your storage.
- Enter your Azure storage account name and Access key in the empty fields.
- Click Connect.
Note: Saved storage settings on your account are final, and cannot be reversed.