We strongly recommend that you create an Azure storage account that is exclusively used by ShareGate Apricot.
Creating an Azure storage account for ShareGate Apricot ensures that other users within your organization do not delete or alter your archived content. If they do so, there is a possibility they render it unusable.
Note: Please review our article that explains how the app works with your Azure storage account before setting it up.
Step 1: Create your Azure storage account
- Use Microsoft's detailed documentation to create your Azure storage account.
Note: To be compatible with ShareGate Apricot, your storage account needs to be the General-purpose V2 type or General-Purpose V1. We suggest that you set the access tier to Cool by default, to keep your costs low.
- When the storage account is created, open your newly created account and select Access Keys in the Settings section to find the information required by ShareGate Apricot.
Step 2: Set up your Azure Storage Account in ShareGate Apricot
- Open ShareGate Apricot.
- Select Settings.
- Under Azure storage for archived data, select Your own Azure Storage.
- Click Setup your storage.
- Enter your Azure storage account name and Access key in the empty fields.
- Click Connect.
Note: Saved storage settings on your account are final, and cannot be reversed.