With the Inactivity detection policy, you can set the amount of time without any user activity that should elapse before a team or group is deemed potentially inactive.
Once an entrusted group or team is flagged as potentially inactive, the app will send a notification to the owner(s).
Within that notification, an owner will be able to decide if he wants to archive, delete, or keep their inactive team or group.
- How to set your default Inactivity detection policy
- How to set the Inactivity detection policy on your purpose tags
- About notifications
To send inactivity detection notifications, you need the following:
- Teams or groups that have been inactive past the amount of time you determined.
- The potentially inactive teams and groups are entrusted to owners.
- The inactive detection policy is enabled.
How to set your default Inactivity detection policy
The default policy is used for all your teams and groups without a purpose tag. To set your default policy, follow the steps below:
- Select the Setting tab.
- Select Policies from the menu.
- In the Lifecyle - Inactivity detection section, click in the After X days field.
- Use the up and down arrows, or enter a number of days after which a team or group should be deemed inactive in your environment.
- Click anywhere outside of the field to set the number of days.
- Select your preferred communication method between Microsoft Teams chatbot and email.
How to set the Inactivity detection policy on your purpose tags
You can set an inactive threshold to detect if a team or group is inactive based on its purpose.
For example, a departmental group or team does not need its activity verified as often as a time-based project that could be archived as soon as the project is finished.
To set a different policy for your purposes, follow the steps below:
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Categorization from the menu.
- In the Manage your purpose tags section, set the number of days for Inactivity threshold.
Review the Inactivity detection notifications article for information about how the app communicates with your owners.
For information and visibility on how owners take action on inactivity, see Taking action on inactivity.