With the External sharing review policy, you can set the start date and review recurrence for entrusted owners to validate the external sharing links and guest access in their teams and groups.
Based on your default and custom schedules, the app will send email notifications to team and group owners. From these notifications, owners are able to review and remove any external sharing links that no longer need to be shared or guests that are no longer require access.
- How-to create a default External sharing review policy
- How-to create an external sharing review for sensitivity tags
- About notifications
- The teams and groups are entrusted to the owners.
- The External sharing review policy is enabled, as in step (4) below.
- Teams or groups with external sharing links and/or guests are present in your tenant.
How-to create a default External sharing review policy
The default policy is used for all your teams and groups without a sensitivity tag. To set your default policy:
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Policies from the menu.
- Scroll to the Security section.
Tip: Toggle on Auto-entrust so the app can automatically entrust owners of newly created teams and groups. Entrusted owners can take action on your External sharing review policy.
- Toggle on External sharing review.
- Set the date at which you wish the external sharing reviews to start in the From field. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY.
- To set the review recurrence, click in the Every X days field.
- Use the up and down arrows, or enter the number of days for the review recurrence.
- Click anywhere outside the field to save your choice.
Tip: Select Preview email sent to owners to see an example notification. For more information, see About notifications below.
How-to create an external sharing review for sensitivity tags
Using sensitivity tags, you can set a custom start date and review recurrence based on the security needs of a team or group.
For example, a team or group categorized with a Confidential sensitivity tag may share highly sensitive information and should be reviewed more often than your default policy allows.
To set a custom policy for sensitivity tags that allow external sharing and guest access:
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Categorization from the menu.
- Scroll to Sensitivity tags.
- Set the Start date of external sharing review and Recurrence of review.
You can review the External sharing review notifications article for information on how the app communicates with your entrusted owners.
For information and visibility on how entrusted owners perform an external sharing review, see Take action on external sharing.