With the external sharing policy, you can set the amount of time and the start date for your owners to review all the externally shared links in their teams and groups.
Based on your schedule, the app will send notifications to the owner(s).
From these notifications, an owner will be able to review the external sharing links and remove all the unnecessary or suspicious links.
To send external sharing reviews, you need the following:
- Teams or groups with external sharing links are present in your tenant.
- The teams and groups are entrusted to owners.
- The external sharing policy is enabled.
How to set your external sharing policy
- Select Settings in the menu.
- Select the Policies tab.
- Click on the starting date.
- Select the date at which you wish the external sharing reviews to start.
- Click Apply.
- Click on the number of days in the right corner of the Security section.
- Enter the number of days you want to pass between your reoccurring reviews.
About notifications sent to owners
You can review the External sharing notifications article for information about how the app communicates with your owners.
For information and visibility on how owners perform an external sharing review, see Taking action on external sharing.