Manage your group purposes, and later assign them directly via the Groups page.
Group purposes let you to categorize your groups and understand how they’re being used by group members. As a starting point, you can use our default group purposes, but you can also create your own.
Knowing why these groups were created helps you apply the right governance policies.
- Select Settings in the top menu.
- Select the Categorization tab.
- Click on the pencil icon that appears when you hover your mouse over an existing group purpose to edit or delete it, or click +Create group purpose to create a new group purpose.
- You will be brought to the Edit group purpose window.
- You can enter or edit the title and description.
Tip: For better visibility, you can choose a color to distinguish your group purposes.
- Click Save changes.
- In the Categorization screen, click on the number of days next to your group purpose to change the inactive group policy for all your groups with that purpose.
Note: If you decide to edit or delete a group purpose that has already been applied to existing groups, this will retroactively affect these groups with the new changes.
See also: Choose a group purpose.