Our bot makes it easy for you to understand why a new Microsoft 365 Groups has been created, in collaboration with your Group owners in Microsoft Teams.
How it works
- ShareGate Apricot detects a new Microsoft 365 Group.
- The app installs the bot on the owner's team account.
- The bot directly asks the owner in Teams what the Group purpose of their new group is. It then asks about the Sensitivity level of the data shared within it. Group purposes and group sensitivity labels are pre-defined in ShareGate Apricot, which can be modified to fit business needs.
- The owner of the new group selects the appropriate group purpose and group sensitivity label. The bot relays that information back to ShareGate Apricot.
- The group purpose and security settings corresponding to the selected sensitivity label are set for the new group in the app.
- A reminder is sent to the owner after 7 days if the owner does not answer.
- If a group has multiple owners, the group categorization will be set by the first owner that answers.
Note: Only owners of the Microsoft 365 Groups or Teams are contacted. The owners will get a message from the ShareGate Apricot Teams bot within 30 minutes to an hour of detecting a new Microsoft 365 Group.