Our bot makes it easy to categorize your Office 365 Groups in collaboration with your Group owners in Microsoft Teams.
How it works
- ShareGate Apricot detects a new Office 365 Group.
- The app installs the bot on the owner's team account.
- The bot asks what the new Group purpose is with a direct message to the owner in Teams. Group purposes are pre-defined in ShareGate Apricot.
- The owner of the new group selects the group purpose and the bot sends it to ShareGate Apricot.
- The group purpose is set for the new group in the app.
- A reminder is sent to the owner after 7 days if the owner does not answer.
- If a group has multiple owners, the group purpose will be set by the first owner that answers.
Note: Only owners of the Office 365 Groups or Teams are contacted. The owners will get a message from the ShareGate Apricot Teams bot within 30 minutes to an hour of detecting a new Office 365 Group.