Our chatbot makes it easy for you to collaborate with your Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365 Group owners directly in Microsoft Teams.
How it works
- You activate the ShareGate Apricot Teams chatbot for one of your features.
- The app determines it must send a notification to an owner about their team or group based on that feature's settings.
- The app installs the Teams chatbot on the owner's account.
- The bot sends the required call-to-action notification to the owner through chat directly in Teams.
- The owner answers the bot in the chat.
- The bot relays the information back to ShareGate Apricot.
- The app applies the owner's choices.
In the Settings menu, you can activate the Microsoft Teams chatbot for your:
- Inactivity detection policy from the Policies tab.
- Purpose tags and sensitivity tags from the Categorization tab.
Note: The bot will only do what you activate it for. For example, if you set it to categorize your groups it will not be used to send inactivity detection policy requests unless you activate it for that feature as well.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your inactivity detection policy, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to archiving, see Inactivity detection notifications.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your purpose tags and sensitivity tags, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to your inactivity policy, see Categorization notifications.