Our chatbot makes it easy for you to collaborate with your Microsoft Team and Microsoft 365 Group owners directly in Microsoft Teams.
The Microsoft Teams chatbot can be used to send automated notifications and manual requests.
From Settings, toggle on the Teams chatbot to automate your:
- Inactivity detection policy notifications, under Policies.
- Purpose tag and sensitivity tag notifications, under Categorize.
From Manage, you can send:
Note: The bot will send notifications based on that feature's settings. For example, if you use it to send Inactivity detection policy notifications, owners will not receive notifications for purpose and sensitivity tags.
How it works
- You activate the ShareGate Apricot Teams chatbot from Policies, Categorize, and/or Manage.
- The app determines it must send a notification to an owner about their team or group based on that feature's settings.
- The app installs the Teams chatbot on the owner's account.
- The bot sends the required call-to-action notification to the owner through chat directly in Teams.
- The owner answers the bot in the chat.
- The bot relays the information back to ShareGate Apricot.
- The app applies the owner's choices.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your Inactivity detection policy, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to archiving, see Inactivity detection notifications.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your purpose tags and sensitivity tags, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to your policies, see Categorization notifications.
If you are experiencing a problem with the Microsoft Teams chatbot, see our article ShareGate Apricot Teams chatbot is unable to send notifications to owners.