Our Teams chatbot makes it easy for you to collaborate with your Microsoft Team and Microsoft 365 Group owners directly in Microsoft Teams.
The chatbot can communicate with team and group owners on your behalf. Use the chatbot to ask owners about the purpose and sensitivity of their teams and groups, to alert owners when it's time to review external sharing links and guest access, and what to do when their teams or groups become inactive.
The Microsoft Teams chatbot can send automated notifications and manual requests.
From Settings, select the Teams chatbot when automating your:
- Inactivity detection policy notifications, under Policies.
- External sharing review policy notifications, under Policies.
- Purpose tag and sensitivity tag notifications, under Categorize.
From Manage, you can send:
Note: The chatbot will send notifications based on that feature's settings. For example, if you use it to send Inactivity detection policy notifications, owners will not receive notifications for purpose and sensitivity tags.
How it works
- You activate the ShareGate Teams chatbot from Policies, Categorize, and/or Manage.
- The app determines it must send a notification to an owner about their team or group based on that feature's settings.
- The app installs the Teams chatbot on the owner's account.
- The chatbot sends the required call-to-action notification to the owner through chat directly in Teams.
- The owner answers the bot in the chat.
- The chatbot relays the information back to ShareGate Apricot.
- The app applies the owner's choices.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your Inactivity detection policy, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to archiving, see Inactivity detection notifications.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your External sharing review policy, including prerequisites, and frequency, see External sharing review notifications.
For information on the chatbot notifications for your purpose tags and sensitivity tags, including prerequisites, frequency, and the relationship to your policies, see Categorization notifications.
Tip: For information on how the chatbot notifications will look to your owners, see the Help Center category, Owner's corner.
If you are experiencing a problem with the Microsoft Teams chatbot, see our article ShareGate Apricot Teams chatbot is unable to send notifications to owners.