Use the team and group details window to review information and make changes on an individual team or group.
- How-to access the team and group details window
- Overview tab
- External shares tab
How-to access the team and group details window
- Select the Manage tab.
- Use the radio buttons to filter between your tenant's Teams or all Groups.
- Search for the team or group. Use the Search by team/group or owner field on the top-right or click the filters button on the top-left corner.
- Select the desired team or group to open their team and group details window.
Note: You can also access the team and group details window if you select the bold team or group name from the Activity page.
The top section of the team and group details shows basic information such as the name, the last activity, and the security settings. Here you can perform several frequently used actions as described below.
Three dots button
Click the Three dots button to the right of the team or group name to access a dropdown menu. From that menu you will see the following options:
- Select Archive to remove the team or group from your environment and to archive its content. For more information, see Archive overview.
- Select Keep if you want to manually keep your inactive team or group without waiting for the owner to take action on it. For more information, see Archive overview.
- Select Add to/Remove from review depending on how you want the owner to take action on your External sharing review policy. For more information, see How do I add a team or group to an external sharing review?
- Select Delete to completely remove your team or group without archiving it. When the team or group is deleted it can be restored within 30 days from your Microsoft 365 admin center. After that, the team or group and its content cannot be restored. For more information, see Archive overview.
Go to SharePoint
Click Go to SharePoint to open the associated SharePoint site in a new browser tab.
If the team or group does not have a sensitivity tag, click Choose a sensitivity. Select a sensitivity tag to identify the sensitivity level of your team or group's content and automatically apply the proper security settings.
Tip: If a sensitivity tag is already selected, click the tag name to access a dropdown menu. Here you can update the sensitivity tag.
For more information, see Sensitivity tags overview.
Review and modify the security settings of your team or group by using the dropdown options.
Note: You can apply a sensitivity tag and/or apply security settings for a team or group. If the security settings do not align with the sensitivity tag, you may receive a Sensitivity mismatch warning.
For more information, see Team and group security settings.
Last activity date
The date of the last action that was performed on your team or group.
The Overview tab provides at-a-glance information about your team or group's purpose, membership, and content.
The SharePoint description of the team or group. If no description was added by an owner, the default is to show the name of the team or group.
Tip: To change the description you can click on Go to SharePoint in the header. Once in the group, click on the gear icon in the top right. From the menu, select Site information. From there, you can change the information in the Site description field.
If the team or group does not have a purpose tag, click No purpose. Select a purpose tag to identify the business purpose of your team or group.
Tip: If a purpose tag is already selected, click the tag name to access a dropdown menu. Here you can update the purpose tag.
For more information, see Purpose tags overview.
The 4 apps that ShareGate Apricot crawls for activity are Teams, SharePoint, Outlook Calendar, and Outlook Conversations.
App icons become grayed out when an app has not been used for the number of days you have set in your Inactivity detection policy.
For more information, see How does the app crawl through workloads to detect inactive teams and groups?
The total size of the content in the SharePoint site collection that is associated with your team or group.
Shows the latest activities made. Click on View all to review all the entries for that team or group.
You can edit the members of the Owners, Members, and Guests of your team or group. For more information, see Edit membership.
Both Public and Private channels of a team are displayed.
Note: If a Microsoft 365 Group does not have an associated Microsoft Teams, the group details window will not show the Channels section since there is no channel information to display.
External sharing tab
Select the External shares tab to review and manage the documents and folders shared externally. If an external sharing review is upcoming, the scheduled date will be displayed here. For more information, see External sharing management features overview.