As an entrusted team or group owner, you receive an email to complete an external sharing review when there are external sharing links and guests in your teams or groups that need verification.
This email is sent because your IT admin is using the ShareGate Apricot External sharing review policy and has set a default or custom schedule for entrusted owners to review external sharing links and guest access.
- How-to take action
How-to take action
Your IT admin has the option to set a default External sharing review policy, as well as custom reviews for sensitivity tags.
For the default External sharing review policy
- You receive an email titled Your IT admin needs you for your external sharing review today! that lists your teams or groups in the review, the number of external sharing links and guests to review, and the timeline.
Note: The default email sender is ShareGate Apricot at firstname.lastname@example.org, but your admin has the option to set a custom sender name and email address.
- Click on Go to review dashboard to begin the review process.
- You will be redirected to the review dashboard landing page.
- If you have inactive teams or groups, your first action is to Archive, Keep, or Delete the teams or groups shown. For more information, see Take action on inactivity.
- From the external sharing review dashboard, click Start review.
- Review the guests listed. Click Remove to remove a guest. Click Undo if this is incorrect.
- When finished reviewing your guests, click Review external sharing links at the bottom of the page.
- Review the external sharing links listed. Click Delete to remove sharing links. Click Restore if this is incorrect.
- When finished, click Complete review at the bottom of the page.
- The confirmation page shows when to expect the next review.
Your IT admin will receive notice that you have completed the review for external sharing links and guest access.
For a sensitivity tag's custom external sharing review
With sensitivity tags, your IT admin can understand the data sensitivity of teams and groups at a glance, automatically apply custom security settings based on their level of data sensitivity, and ensure your data remains secure. For more information on choosing sensitivity tags for your teams or groups, see Take action on purpose and sensitivity.
The process to review external sharing links and guest access for a team or group with a sensitivity tag is the same as the default review process.
Tip: Your review dashboard will remind you of the team or group sensitivity tag. For example, "It's time to review guests and external sharing links for the Confidential sensitivity tag!"
You have 14 days from the day the first email is sent to perform an external sharing review. The first notification is sent at the start of the policy cycle, followed by a reminder email 7 days later if the review is not complete.
Note: For security purposes, the email links expire 7 days after being sent.
The external sharing review exists on a first-come, first-served basis. If an owner reviews a team or group, other owners of this team or group will see that the review has been completed. Please contact your IT team if you think you or another owner made a mistake in the review process.