As an entrusted team or group owner, you receive an email for an external sharing review when there are externally shared links that need verification.
This notification is triggered because your IT admin has set a schedule for entrusted owners to review all externally shared links using ShareGate Apricot's external sharing policy.
- You receive an email titled Please review these external shares (it's quick and keeps your environment safe) that lists your teams and groups which require review.
Note: The default email sender is firstname.lastname@example.org, but your admin has the option to set a custom email address.
- Click on Review now to begin the review process.
- You will then be redirected to the ShareGate landing page.
- You will now see the content to review per team or group.
- When finished the review on that team or group, click Confirm and continue to be taken to the next team or group review.
- When finished, click Confirm review.
Your IT admin will receive notice that you have completed the review(s).
You have 14 days from the day the first email is sent to perform an external sharing review. The first notification is sent at the start of the policy cycle, followed by a reminder email 7 days later if the review is not complete.
Note: For security purposes, the email links expire 7 days after being sent.
The external sharing review exists on a first-come, first-served basis. If an owner reviews a team or group, other owners of this team or group will see that the review has been completed. You can contact your IT team if you think there was a mistake.