To maintain a clean, safe, and clutter-free Microsoft 365 environment, ShareGate Apricot helps you to collaborate with your team and group owners through the Inactivity detection policy. Create a default Inactivity detection policy or set custom inactivity thresholds based on team and group purpose.
- Inactivity detection policy
- Custom inactivity detection for purpose tags
- Manage teams and groups manually
Inactivity detection policy
Define what inactivity means to your environment through the default Inactivity detection policy. Automate the policy and the app will notify your owners to take action when their teams and groups become inactive.
You can set the threshold for inactivity in the Settings tab, under Policies. For more information, see Walkthrough - Inactivity detection policy.
Custom inactivity detection for purpose tags
Create a custom inactivity threshold for purpose tags so the amount of time a team or group can be inactive aligns with its business purpose. For example, set a shorter detection threshold for teams created to complete a specific project or longer thresholds for department groups.
You can set custom thresholds for inactivity in the Settings tab, under Categorization. For more information, see Walkthrough - Inactivity detection policy.
Manage teams and groups manually
You can monitor and manage inactive teams and groups manually from the:
- Manage page - Filter using the Inactive teams/Inactive groups tile.
- Select the teams and groups you want to update, and click Archive, Keep, or Delete in the bulk action footer.
- Or, use the Ask owner(s) feature to send a bulk request for owners to take action.
- Team and group details window - Click the Three dots button to the right of your team or group name to access a dropdown menu. From here you can choose to archive, keep, or delete that team or group.
Stay up-to-date on inactivity in your environment from the Inactivity dashboard and Manage page. For more information, see Monitor inactivity.